On Monday, 24 January 2005 10:48, Erik Hofman wrote:
> Maybe it's even a better idea to have a world map image where you can
> zoom in in three or four steps to select the desired airport?

If someone could add ssgContext support or some way to render to a texture or
window inside of FG I could add it within 2 weeks.
I already have code that renders a textured WGS 84 ellipsoid in OpenGL with
pan/zoom functionality. Adding airports to the globe with picker support
would take no more than a day or two.
The only issue is that I'm using rather large texture maps - it would take a
bit more work to add vector maps.

This issue of not being able to render to a sub window is coming back to bite
us everytime. If it's not stuff like this then it's moving map/GPS/ND type
instruments.

Paul