Martin Spott wrote:

> Frederic Bouvier wrote:
> > Quoting Geoff Air:
>
> >> It certainly paves the way for fgrun to simply write the
> >> system.fgfsrc, and run the binary with a minimum of command
> >> line parameters ... and leaves a persistent file 'trace'
> >> of what fgrun 'requested' of FG ... more info benefit ...
> >
> > Because some argued, and I mostly agree, that fgrun shouldn't overwrite
> user's
> > preferences, command line options are now used.
>
> Nevertheless the proposed make much sense for those who don't use
> FGrun but configure FlightGear using the system.fgfsrc instead.

I was not arguing against the patch but reacting to the idea that fgrun should
overwrite system.fgfsrc or any user file.

But... The fact that Geoff tells that the file is read twice ring a little bell
in my mind. I think the issue was raised sometimes ago and could have unwanted
side effects I can't recollect for the moment. A search in the mailing list
archives maybe will enlight us more.

-Fred