James Turner wrote:
I've been spending as much time as possible over the past few days just flying around (I've had a very long gap where FG wouldn't build and I was busy with other things), but this has raised a small issue which may indicate something about my flying habits...

Basically, I have not yet found an aircraft where the speedbrakes or spoilers seem to work, either visually or in terms of slowing the plane down. From looking at data/keyboard.xml, I can see the current bindings are j/k for the spoilers, and Ctrl-B for the speedbrake, but pressing the keys doesn't seem to do anything.

So, have I missed something here? In particular, which models should have spoilers and speedbrakes that definitely work, and maybe even animate? I could swear I recall seeing pictures of the Fokker-100 with it's 'distinctive' tail brake assembly deployed.

Sorry for jumping in so late, bet here it goes;

The Fokker 100 has both speedbrake (Ctrl+B) and Spoiler (Shift+S) support. The model has been redesigned and improved significantly but there seemed to have a typo introduced for the animations. Both the spoiler and speedbrake are supported in the FDM though.

Also the F-16 does have working speedbrakes.

Erik