Can I just replace the radio-medium.xml file with a .3ds model and get the
same results?

Geoffrey Frost

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Erik Hofman
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 12:49 AM
To: FlightGear developers discussions
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] FlightGear version 9.2 Help Request

Geoffrey Frost wrote:
> We are currently running FlightGear Version 9.2 for a UAV simulation in
> which we fly the UAV into a balloon. We were able to successfully get a
> balloon model into FlightGear 9.2, but in order to do so we are running
> FlightGear in multiplayer mode, and have to run a simulation on two
> different computers. We would like to be able to place the balloon into
> FlightGear statically, but do not have the know how.

If you just want a static object at a fixed location and fixed altitude
you could easily add it to the scenery.

If you take a look in the FlightGear/data/Scenery/w130n30/w123n37
directory there are a couple of files with the .stg suffix. Now you
could add the particular object by adding something like the following line:

OBJECT_SHARED Models/Structures/radio-medium.xml -122.438000 37.689917
243.5 0

Where it represents:

Maybe someone else can step in and explain the 942058 part of the file
called 942058.stg ?

Erik