Erik Hofman wrote:
Josh Babcock wrote:

OK, so I've been slowly working on this: http://home.comcast.net/~jrbabcock/superfort/ for quite some time now. I planned on getting it into CVS once it had a reasonable start for a flight model. My problem is that I apparently am genetically incapable of getting a YASim config to converge. I also have no experience creating sounds, and I want this aircraft to have several.

For the sound you might want to start by using the DC-3 configuration file. Not exactly what you are looking for, but it would be a nice starting position.

Erik

Yeah, I actually took a look at that. I have a handle on how to do the XML, I just don't have the expertise to make the actual sound files. The DC3 engine sounds are nice, but they don't quite have that throaty sound that you get from an 18 cyl radial. I found a few recordings, but they are low quality. I suppose I should write to the CAF in Midland and see if they have any recordings of Fifi. That would probably be the best starting point.

Josh