On 6 Apr 2005, at 11:14, Melchior FRANZ wrote:

So then add a #ifdef for OS-X around the resize event, so that it is
simply ignored? Did you send a bug report to the SDL people?

I think you misunderstand, it's not an SDL bug:

*FlightGear is relying on assumption about how OpenGL implementations work that does NOT hold on OS-X, and may not hold on some Windows drivers, but which happens to hold in the common case on Windows, and apparently always holds on Linux*

There are plenty of SDL + GL applications on the Mac that do re-sizing just fine, but they have the ability to initiate a vid-restart (as they correctly should on *every* platform, strictly speaking) when re-sized.

Of course, we can certainly live without the feature on Mac - just be aware the fault lies with FG / PLIB for not providing an API that is somewhat important in real-world situations. I for one would love to be able to switch from full-screen mode to windowed while running, for example.

H&H
James
--
Whenever a friend succeeds, a little something in me dies.