On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 20:24:18 -0500, Curtis wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
> >..ah.  Server disk OI I can shot down doing everything on a 25 GB
> >ramdisk, but that too takes network bandwidth.  Question is how much
> >do I need of each.
> >
> >..and you forgot to tell me what kinda machines you used, so I
> >assumed you used 2 of "my" Celeron 850's.  ;o)
> >

> I forget exactly for the current scenery build.  Probably 1 AMD-1.2Ghz
> and 1 AMD 2.something Ghz with the server being an AMD 900Mhz, 100
> Mbit  networking, more IDE than I'd like to admit, but I can't afford
> a lot of  scsi ...

..ok ;o), did your server do any of the build work, or "just" control
the build and collect the built tiles?

..I have 3 AMD Duron sitting here, one 1.3 and 2 1.2's, all IDE, and
clientele hardware, and my own junk, a noisy old 2x550 P3 with swap
on 5 9G SCSI's, plus some IDE space, and another pile of _old_ junk
the equivalent of a 1GHz box, to play with to do dry test runs, and
that could help do the next scenery if I miss this 200 node opportunity,
there will always be some boxes in those lease firm batches with bad
memory or some cpu mod to have it stand out of the herd, so I play
with heterogenous clustering.  And thermochemical gasification. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: