Erik Hofman wrote:
> When I start FlightGear I get the following list of errors on IRIX
> (big-Endian) (Linux doesn't have this problem):

This looks like the GC is cleaning up objects incorrectly.  On the
assumption that this is an endianness issue: Is this for a 32 or 64
bit target (Nasal has three structure layouts* for the naRef -- both
endiannesses for 32 bit and just one layout for 64 bit)?

Can you verify that nothing has broken with the endian detection stuff
at the top of nasal.h (building for the wrong layout will "mostly"
work but might produce issues like this), maybe by just deleting
everything that isn't part of a NASAL_BIG_ENDIAN_32_BIT block?

Can anyone else on a big endian system (Mac, Sparc) see the same or
similar problem?

Oddly, the structure layout stuff has not changed in this version, so
I'm out of ideas as to what might have happened.  I'll see if I can
find a BE system at work (we have a few old suns running linux) to
test on.

Andy

* At some point I'll start using my laptop in 64 bit mode full time
  and work more on the 64 bit version; right now it stores 12 bytes
  per naRef, but it could be shrunk down to 8 by unioning the pointer
  and the double by setting the NaN bits of the pointer.