Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:

On May 15, 2005 10:21 am, Melchior FRANZ wrote:

PS: TODO for 1.0:
- perfect weather (almost) done
- per-wheel gound reactions YASim: done; JSBSim: :-( UIUC: bah!
- help system (a bit unsophisticated, but) done
- a/c switchable at runtime hmm :-/

Let me add to this list. =)
- The bottom of the clouds above a city at night should have a faint orange glow. The thicker the clouds, the brighter the glow should be.
- Moonlight.
- The global ambient should be blue. This should be most noticeable when at dawn and dust when the sun is not visible.

As a general thought (speaking of the devil, I actually thought about the cloud lighting effect the other night as I was driving home, even though I can't really using FG due to superseded hardware), but not only the cloud thickness has an effect, but also the cloud base, and the size of the city which is lighting the clouds. Large cities definitely have an obvious effect, and medium towns (medium being population 7000 or more) have a smaller, but noticable effect, as well. Any smaller than this, and they tend not to have either the ground coverage with accompanying lighting, or the heavy industry which would have enough high-powered lighting to leave a "footprint". For an obvious example of what I'm referring to, drive through a rural area which has small towns spotted around at a general distance of 5 to 10 miles from each other, with a large city or two at a range of about 20 to 30 miles out. Of course, this applies on a cloudy night...you'll see the difference between the small towns and the cities.

JD

--
A scientist claims in court that the reason he ran a red light is that, due to
his speed, the color was blueshifted till it appeared green.  Needless to say,