Mathias Fröhlich wrote:
> At first I need to know how this local frame is meant.
> What I have found from the code is that it is meant to be the *geodetic*
> horizontal local frame.
> But is is meant to be fixed at the aircraft and thus rotates due to the
> aircrafts velocity or is it fixed at the earth and relocated for every frame
> to display?

For what it's worth, YASim supports this "NED" (north/east/down)
coordinate frame for output, but doesn't use it internally.  It's
pretty strange IMHO, and of course has a singularity problem at the
poles.  If JSBSim is having trouble with it, it might be best to just
junk the concept and fix the HUD code to use body coordinates.

Andy