I'm compiling a Release build.  It takes me a bit under a minute to
bring it up, which isn't as bad as the 5 minutes Vivian reported, but
it's still longer than I'd like (and longer than I believe is
necessary).  I'll see what I can do about disabling navaids...that
seems like it be a lot of help.  I haven't found a property in
preferences.xml or a command-line option for this, yet.

Drew