Lee Elliott wrote:

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 22:14, Martin Spott wrote:
Wesley Alden Pegden wrote:
glxgears gives me 700fps (as good as it's ever given me),
[...]
With a working OpenGL/DRI setup you typically get far more
than 1000 fps with 'glxgears'. Please run 'glxinfo' or
'gl-info' - whatever you have on your machine - and have a
closer look at the OpenGL 'vendor',

Martin.

I'm having a strange problem that may be linked to this.

Now when I start at KSFO, looking forward, I'm getting < 1fps. Same with the heli & chase views. If I switch to the tower it's the same until I start zooming in. At around 15 deg fov the frame rate jumps up to around 25-30 fps. Switch back to the chase view and it's back down to < 1 fps.

Incidentally, the a/c I'm checking with has slowly revolving props so I can see the changes in frame rate very clearly.

Anyway, back to the chase view and rotate the view around using shift and the num-pad. Shift-9 is fine - > 20 fps, shift-6 < 1 fps, shift-3 > 20 fps. From 2 through to 8 are all < 1 fps.

Try KJFK. Here only one view gives problems (can't remember exactly which one now though). It's also apparent while using the mouse to change the view.

Back to KSFO, tower view and try a take off - > 20 fps. Try chase view and < 1 fps until just after the last of the white blocks on the runway (sorry, don't know their proper name) when it jumps to > 20 fps.

It'll also happen while I'm flying - I flew out over downtown SFO and was heading back to KSFO at > 20 fps but then it dropped back down to < 1fps.

I'm guessing that it's due to a scenery or random object problem, as it also happened at KJFK where there're no custom scenery objects, but I can't identify what it can be.

Any ideas anyone?  FG is pretty unusable for me atm.

FWIW, glxgears gives > 3900 fps here.

LeeE

I have also 1fps, but that's with enhanced runway lighting at night ;)

Harald.