> > Jon Berndt wrote:
> >
> >>It's alpha and beta.
> >>
> >>in radians:
> >>
> >>aero/alpha-rad
> >>aero/beta-rad
> >>
> >>in degrees:
> >>
> >>aero/alpha-deg
> >>aero/beta-deg
>
> Hmm, it appears that these only show the aircraft's angles relative to
> it's own velocity vector. I also need to sum in the crosswind so that I
> get the angles relative to the air mass. I know I not getting this
> because when I land and switch the weather to "thunderstorm" the ribbon
> doesn't move. Anybody know where I can find the wind angles relative to
> the aircraft?

the alpha and beta angles are the angles between the wind vector (either due to
the
aircraft velocity or due to locally generated weather) and the aircraft body
axes. If
there are steady winds from the east (for example) at 10 knots and the aircraft
is moving
_with_ the airmass, the aircraft will see no effect from those winds other than
that it
will have a ground velocity of 10 knots _west_ due to being in the moving
airmass. Alpha
and beta will not reflect that steady velocity, and rightfully so.

Now, turbulence is another story.

I guess I'm not quite sure what you are asking for.

Jon