If you set that Path variable (I like the way Giles Robertson explains it... look at the post right after yours) you will not get any Python errors. Even though you can open those .ac files, I am guessing you will lose a lot of Blender's functionality without Python. The windows version of Python is available through http://python.org/windows/

I know that the FAQ at http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Windows.300.0.html says that 'import site failed' means you don't have Python installed, but when I load I get just that one message and have full Python functionality. The best info I've found is at the forum http://elysiun.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 here, especially the stick Python 101 thread among others :-)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frederic Bouvier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "FlightGear developers discussions" <flightgear-devel@flightgear.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 3:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] [ANN] Blender 2.37

Theo Reticle wrote:

I was getting that same No Python window in Blender 2.36, even though I had
followed all of the instructions for Python 2.4 for Windows.  When I
installed Blender 2.37, all of the Python stuff worked. One thing I noticed that's a little odd in XP: the Python instructions say to add Python to your
Path in the following manner:

Here is the content of my Blender 2.37 text window under XP :

Using Python version 2.3
No installed Python found.
Only built-in modules are available.  Some scripts may not run.
Continuing happily.
Trying to import AC3D model(s) from i:\modeles 3D\TourCBX\tour-cbx-fb.ac ...
.. done!  Data imported in 0.183 seconds.

As you can see, although it complains it doesn't found Python, it was able to _import_ ( not load ) my ac model and the textures are all there ( they are in
the same directory than the model ).

-Fred