Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> Andy Ross wrote:
> > I think it might be cleaner, though, for the Nasal subsystem to
> > provide for a callback or "init script" that can be set by a caller.
>
> I'm not sure I understand. To request a callback I have to have Nasal
> working already.

Yeah, that wasn't clear.  I mean a C++ side callback.  The interested
subsystem could "register" itself with the NasalSys, and registered
subsystems would get an nasal_init() callback after the Nasal
subsystem was initialized.  They could then be guaranteed a safe
environment to execute their scripts.

Alternatively, the whole subsystem API could get a "post_init()"
method, which is called on all subsystems after the system
initialization phase but before update() is called on any of them.
Maybe this is an even cleaner solution...

Andy