Well - it's not really a serial driver, the interface connects thru the
handshake lines rts/cts and dtr with rxd and txd left unconnected since the
LTC1090 speaks a synchronous protocol.

I have no Idea how to present a Joystick to the kernel out of userland. And
second - correct me, if I'm wrong - I think, there is no way to set rts
and/or dtr via ioctl or other portable api? I would love to get rid of a
kernel module and start some kind of userspace-daemon.

Torsten