Josh Babcock wrote:
> Is there any king of piston engine temp modeling going on in YASim
> yet?  I see egt-degf but it looks like it's just the air temp.

No.  There are actually many spots on engines where people like to
stick thermocouples.  Oil temperature and cylinder head temperature
are the most common in modern lightplanes.  I'm modelling exhaust gas
temerature because that has the really pleasant property of being
derivable from first principles based on the work done by the
expanding gas.

Everything else is going to depend in really sensitive ways on the
specifics of the engine installation.  There isn't any sane way to do
this short of storing giant tables for every engine.

If you have such tables, my suggestion would be to implement them in
Nasal and tie them to the HP output of the engine, outside
temperature, airspeed, etc...

Andy