AJ MacLeod (email lists) wrote:

> Funnily enough, I surprised myself by what I was able to produce "by sight"
> in
> Blender, random household objects etc.  Producing something reasonably exact
> from 3-views has proved a completely different story though...

I have found that 3-views are good for laying out the basic shapes, but
to really get a model right you need lots of reference photos. The
quality of these photos makes a big difference too. I would recommend
starting the model, then once you know what parts are confusing go take
your own photos. That way you can be assured that you get the right
angles, which IMO is the critical part.

Josh