Vivian Meazza wrote:
> Josh Babcock
>

>>Melchior FRANZ wrote:
>>
>>>* Josh Babcock -- Saturday 25 June 2005 00:26:

>>>I committed this, as it looks very nice and even flies, and there was a
>>
>>kind
>>
>>>of consense that this should be in cvs. I have yet to be able to land
>>
>>it,
>>
>>>though. Always goes into a deadly spin if I turn ...  (There's some ugly
>>>garbage hanging on the right main landing gear, and both don't retract.)
>>>
>>>m.
>>>

>>Hmm, the right one should retract. The ugly junk is for testing, and
>>will go away. Right now the stall speed is unusually high, and stalls
>>can get pretty violent. The turn indicator is by far the most important
>>instrument right now. I have not had a chance to fix this.
>>

> I've been having a look at the yasim config files. There are some odd
> entries. I've tried to do a little fixing up, but with no real success. I
> think you need to go to the new propeller definitions.
>
> I have a nagging memory that the Wright Cyclone R-3500 was fitted with
> reduction gearing between the crankshaft and propeller, although I can't
> find any reference to it right now. Do you have any details of the ratio?
> It's needed to migrate to the new Yasim propeller definition.
>
> You could use the R-2600 ratio, I suppose:
>
> Propeller Reduction Gear Ration (crankshaft to propeller): 16:9
>
> That comes from here:
>
> http://wrightpattjobs.wpafb.af.mil/museum/engines/eng42a.htm
>
> V.

> 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d

Yeah, they used 3350-23s originally. I know they are geared. The only
references I have for that model engine state that it has a .355:1 gear
ratio. Some later models had a .3475:1 ratio, but AFAIK none of them
were ever used in the 29.

Here's some references, none are what I would call really definitive.
http://www.supercoolprops.com/ARTICLES/gwhitegearheads.htm
http://www.sun-inet.or.jp/~ja2tko/eng/ok_b29.museum1.html
http://definition-info.com/B-29.html

Josh