On June 27, 2005 04:19 am, bass pumped wrote:
> 1.  When an aircraft has ZERO velocity, given some rudder input, and
> also when there is no wind, should the rudder actually have any effect
> at all?  I see the c-172 actually turn, and over a period of time, if
> left alone, flip over, do some gymnastics, sometimes reset itself to
> some random altitude...  Same applies to the elevator.  I've noticed
> that it happens when jitter is more pronounced (with no wind), that if
> u pull back on the stick, the aircraft actually tries to pitch up.  I
> don't know if this only on my version of FG9.8 (Windows)...
This doesn't limit to the c-172.

I do not know whether this has been fixed or not, but back in Feburary when I
was testing the model for the A380, I notice that the wind is "powerful"
enough to moved the A380 slowly from the center of the runway to the edge of
the runway.

Going back a bit further, when I was testing the model of the MD-11, a gust of
wind could come and lifted the nose of the aircraft up.  If the wind is
"strong" enough, the aircraft would pivot all the way around its main landing
gears, flipped, and sunk below the ground.

Ampere