"Ampere K. Hardraade" wrote:

> Interesting.  I didn't know one can use both XFree and Xorg at the sametime.
> In anycase, this is way out of my league. =P

In principle there's nothing magic about this, as you can always run
more than one X server on your machine - be it XOrg or XFree86.
The only difficulty accrues from the habit that both installations
(XOrg and XFree86) tend to reside in /usr/X11R6/ - which is how it will
be handled by your Linux distribution. If you compile X11 yourself then
you can easily define "ProjectRoot" to some different location and run
both systems in parallel,

Martin.