Le lundi 18 juillet 2005 à 19:17 +0200, Harald JOHNSEN a écrit :
> Gerard Robin wrote:
>

> >==> some moving Aircraft components could cast shadow according to their
> >positions on the Aircraft. That is an exemple on a Naval aircraft the
> >hook will cast shadow only when it is not fully retracted.
> >

> I am not sure I understand this example, or perhaps I presume that what
> is visible should cast shadows ;p
> Anyway the condition is available now. The old form without condition
> still exists.
>
> I have also made a few changes for tranparent objects. In the rendering
> dialog there is a new option
> near the aircraft checkbox. When enabled the rendering of the aricraft
> transparent parts is done
> *after* the shadowing code. In other words the transparent parts won't
> hide shadows as it
> should be. This is how things should be and this option should be
> enabled by default. But.
> We can agree that a window or a propeler disk is transparent but for the
> code a transparent part
> is a part that uses a transparent material, ie an alpha channel in his
> material or in his texture.
> In practice you will see that the new option will break shadows on a lot
> of aircrafts. Just don't use
> rgba textures where rgb would do the same ;)
>
> Harald.

About the last exemple the hook retracted stay along,  outside, close to
fuse. Casting shadow in that position is not useful (I found the same
with B-17F gears components) when we extend the hook it clearly appears
and its own  shadow could be nice to activate.
Everything in order to spare CPU.
I will try now your updates
Many thanks.
--