Steve Hosgood wrote:

If it's just a case of changing ecliptic_to_equatorial(), julian_date(),
and GST() then I'm up for it.

We got routines for thee julian date and GST dated already in SimGear/simgear/timing/sg_time.[ch]xx

Can someone confirm that doing this will fix the issue, or is there
more?

To prevent any problems in the future I would like to see that file removed and the functions added to tmp.[ch]xx

But what is really needed is a way to get sun_angle() working in sunsolver.cxx which is done by replacing fgSunPositionGST() with a new version (or by writing a new function that can calculate the sun_angle any time of day at any location)

Erik