Josh,

I have bought 4-5 manuals from them, and I have seen 2 types of copy protection, both a pain in the rear. I have also found them to be a little slow in the response category, so I agree on that point also.

On the return front, no returns for media is up to the seller, especially in the case of media that can be copied easily.....But if you can't use the product because of the copy scheme...I would think they would be required to honor a refund.

You can always reverse the CC charge with the CC company....

But, they do have a great selection of manuals, for a low price...and I don't have to fool around with Ebay. If you know of another comprehensive source that is about the same price...I would love to check them out.

Craig

Josh Babcock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
OK, so I ordered some flight manuals on CD from eflightmanuals.com, but
what they didn't tell me is that they send them in a proprietary
encryption scheme for PDF files that requires Windows ME of later which
I don't have. According to the encryption software manufacturers it is
AES 256 bit (FIPS-197) Now, I have the key of course, the question is
how would I go about decrypting it in the absense of the proprietary
software? Oh, There is also a second key for the software, probably tied
to the specific machine it will be run on, I think I can sniff this with
snort.

I would not recommend patronizing these guys, they have been very slow
and unhelpful. In addiditon I'm not even sure if there policies
reguarding no returns and their failure to accurately describe the
restrictions on the produce are even legal. I am currently looking into
that as well.

Josh