Hello.

In the replies to my last post to the list I was told that joystick support under Solaris is a real problem.

I developed a program that adds USB joystick support to FlightGear under Solaris without re-compiling FlightGear or the "plib" library. The program uses the "props" network interface on the FlightGear side and the "generic HID" driver on the system side. Because the program uses a network interface it is possible to run it on a computer with the joystick attached while FlightGear runs on another computer (that may even use another operating system) - but this is just a side-effect.

I placed the program (including source, manpage and example configuration file) in my web-space at "http://www.rosenau-ka.de/misc/fgusbjoy.html"; (note that I may remove the program sooner or later).

It would be fine if the FlightGear team would move the program to the "flightgear.org" website because I cannot maintain the program in the future.

I was asked if I know anything about the other network interfaces (jsclient, joyclient, etc.). I do not know much about them but looking at the FlightGear source code these interfaces seem only to support a few number of axis (2) or a few number of (or even no) buttons.

I couldn't really test the program so I hope it works.
Martin