rhett3 wrote:

I have had this problem with an older version of FG, around 8.0, when
using a separate computer for the scenery.  For reasons unexplained
the altitude was set initially in /Network/native_fdm.cxx as an addon to
the runway height, then the AGL changed, and with it the altitude.  I
fixed it for our purposes by locking the AGL to the takeoff runway
altitude, but the current version does it the other way, getting AGL
from the altitude and subtracting the current ground elevation to
get the AGL.

I don't know if this helps in your case.

This looks suspicious:

CVS log for source/src/Cockpit/cockpit.cxx

Mathias Fröhlich has his name attached to the change from rev 1.13 to rev 1.14.
This changes the AGL strip to read hight above some runway, not current terrain.
This isn't intended to be a "real" instrument I guess, but perhaps work similar
to a radio altimeter which does show you the height above current terrain.

The CVS logs don't mention any intent to change this behavior, and I don't
recall any discussion,
so I'd like to change the default behavior back to reporting height above the
current
location.

Hmmm, it seems like the original get_cur_elev() has been removed from the api.
Did someone
just bandaid in a quick call to runway altitude (which is probably not updated
as you fly from
place to place?)

Regards,