Hi all,

I have been doing some coding and using the property manager in flightgear
but i want to know what is the right way to do it.

I use the method "fgGetNode("/path/to/property", true)" to get an existing
property or create one if not there. There are a few things i want to know
that i list below:

1) A node that is used in the flight system also results in the method
"isTied" failing and the It does allow me to tie this already existing
property to a variable?!? Is this the expected behavior? Isn't the property
supposed to be tied to a variable somewhere already?

2) When a property did not previously exist, is it necessary to create a
variable and tie the node to that variable? I find the system to be working
either ways. If i do not tie it, the property is displayed as "double" in
the property browser else it displays the data type that it has been tied
to.

3) When the property has been explicitly tied, no matter what the value is
initialized to using the "setDoubleValue" method the property browser shows
the value as zero. This display of zero does not happen when the property
is not tied explicitly.

4) I would also like to add a change listener to the class that i have
written so that the class is informed as and when a variable being watched
has changed value. I believe the way to do this is to use the
"SGPropertyChangeListener" class as a base class and implement the
"valueChanged" method to do the job. Is this correct?

So now, back to my question. What is the right way to use the property
manager? Which are the right methods that are to be used and in what
sequence?

--
Cheers!
Kitts