* Erik Hofman -- Friday 18 November 2005 18:36:
> After this release we'll only accept bug-fixes to the code, except for
> the new JSBSim version. Any major code changes that are not intended to
> fix one or more bugs will have to wait.

One new feature *must* go in. Otherwise the 1.0.0 release number is
IMHO not justified:

* landing lights

Otherwise we'd have to admit that FlightGear 1.0.0 is a daylight-only
simulator. A patch for landing lights is floating around on IRC.
(Haven't tested it yet.)

One new feature that I always thought should be possible in 1.0.0:

* aircraft switchable at runtime

This isn't something that we need, but something that every
other simulator is capable of, and users expect it. Also it
would be a good sign for clean subsystem design.

And finally, this is my TODO "list":

* try to get rid of a few more hardcoded dialogs, or at least
  make them accept gui colors

And if none of this is possible, then I'm afraid I don't have a
TODO list and this will be the most boring release cycle ever.

m.