> And if none of this is possible, then I'm afraid I don't have a
> TODO list and this will be the most boring release cycle ever.
>
> m.

Heh. Maybe. Maybe not. I hope that from your point of view it turns out to be a
boring
release cycle. In one respect, it should not be very noticeable to users what
has
happened, apart from the fact that none of the existing JSBSim aircraft,
engines, or
thrusters will work in their current form. They will have to be converted to
the new
JSBSim config file format. A conversion "helper" tool is available.

For over a year myself and others have discussed refining the JSBSim config
file format to
a more well-formed design. I have also tried to consider what was done by the
guys working
on the AIAA standard for aircraft simulation model exchange, to be called
AEROML (formerly
known as DAVEML, see daveml.nasa.gov).

As part of the config file format change, new capabilities were added. The
version of
JSBSim to be added to FlightGear developer CVS in the coming weeks will be a
major change.
I'll describe the new features in the JSBSim developer list soon.

I'm also fixing up the comments in the code to reflect the new changes, and
will be
publishing a document on the new config file format, as well.

Jon