Hi

I’ve just discovered FlightGear and would like to compile the source code myself.

I’ve downloaded all the appropriate packages and downloaded and installed Cygwin

as outlined in the flightgear getting started document.

I’m trying to install SimGear, the ZLIB library as per the instructions (page 94 of the flightgear getting

started pdf) but when it comes to typing “./configure” an error occurs saying there is no such

command.

I’m using Windows XP and opening a command prompt on the zlib folder which has been decompressed

with WinRAR. Am I doing this correctly using a dos box?

I’ve looked up DOS commands on the internet and the commands I’m supposed to type are nowhere to be seen.

I have some basic C++ programming knowledge using Visual C++ but have no experience of makefiles etc.

Regards,

Chris