Send it to the screen like now, print it to the console, forward it
to the speech synthesis module (yet to be written :-), ...

There is a text to speech program called "festival", and you can use a named-pipe to pump data in/out. Let me look in if there's a network interface built in or not.

Important thing is to separate the numbers with spaces in between for festival, otherwise the numbers are read normal, like 30 for thirty, not three zero.

Last time I tried the festival, I can't help myself laughing because it sounded like freakin' fast speaking chip-monk, even when I slowed down the speech pace.

Isao