From: Melchior FRANZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

* dene maxwell -- Friday 17 February 2006 10:50:
> >From: Melchior FRANZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Forget about "telnet". It's a normal tcp socket connection.

> That was the second part of my question, what would the syntax be under
> UDP... the same?

It would probably be the same. If it were implemented. But as it
doesn't make the least sense, it isn't.

m.

"Doesn't make the least sense" sorry don't understand this....

... Telenet being a application layer protocol requires alot more details as to recipient and also alot higher overhead to implement...whereas UDP being a trasport layer protocol is less distinct in is destination and requires less overhead to implement.

Obviously interfacing at the different layers requires different levels of distinction regardsing destnation etc.... this would imply a different syntax at the very least.

Cheers
=Dene