On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:22:28 -0500
Rob Oates wrote:

> The new High-resolution texture set (as well as updates to the low res
> set) are now available, you can get them from my site:
>
> http://mellonroot.acomp.usf.edu/~phoenix

Hi.  I'm a bit confused about these.  I took a quick look at them
and they don't look like high-resolution textures.  They look like
*larger* textures, but not higher-resolution.  In other words, it's
not that they contain the same image as the lower-resolution, just
with more pixels (which is the way the standard low-res and high-res
textures work); instead, they contain a larger image (the "low
resolution" image comprising the upper-left-hand quadrant of the
"high resolution" image).  Do I have this right?  If so, they
shouldn't work in the way that the high-res textures are supposed
to work.  The features in the "high-res" images, when used, will
appear half the size of the exact same features in the "low-res"
images.

-c

                (remove "snip-me." to email)