Hello Shavlir, welcome to the club  :-)
For each of the three mentioned topics I there's a different answer.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I want to improve Chicago:
> fix the coastline as it seems to be about a half mile off to the west

The infrastructure ís currently in the works, but yet not ready for
use. Development is taking place in the project presented on this page:

  http://www.custom-scenery.org/

We _have_ coastline data that should be pretty exact, but our landuse
data does not match very well. This means, that rivers might end before
they reach the coastline if exact coastline data is used. Current
scenery is built using coastline data that matches the landcover -
which is, as I already said, not always close to reality.
In order to use exact coastline data (GSHHS) we first have to close
some major gaps in the landuse data.

> fix the random hills in the middle of downtown

We currently don't have a means to improve terrain altitudes - and I
don't want to comment on this topic because other people know better
about the algorithm that renders our terrain from SRTM data.

> add buildings such as Soldier Field, and some of the famous museums.

There is another side-project where people already added a noticeable
number of buildings:

  http://fgfsdb.stockill.org/

For easier access I placed a copy of the instructions here:

  http://www.custom-scenery.org/FlightGear_Scen.273.0.html

Cheers,
        Martin.