"Curtis L. Olson" wrote:

> Huh!?!  I've been building with plib-v1.8.4 happily without any
> problems.  Officially we depend on v1.8.4.  If there's something in
> plib-cvs that we could benefit from, then we should encourage those guys
> to do another release.

Several patches and improvements went in since the last release of PLIB
happened and nobody managed to convince Steve to do a new release over
the last year. You probably don't notice the problems with 1.8.4
because you run Linux, people using other platforms run into
difficulties with 1.8.4. On the other hand there are small but known
bugs in the build system of PLIB CVS and nobody cares over months ....

Martin.