Hugo Vincent wrote:

I also updated OpenGC for this change and made a OpenGC.xml protocol
file, but it appears the OpenGC project is more or less dead. Also,
Network/opengc.cxx is a bit of a mess and seemingly unmaintained; it
might be nice to get rid of it and replace it with a XML file at some
stage. One approach is to directly replace opengc.cxx with an XML file
that emulates the structure of the ogcFGData class, - however different
compilers probably pad the variables in the class differently (for
alignment/efficiency), so a patch to OpenGC does need to be made.
If anyone wants the generic binary mode patch, or better yet, wants to
add it into the main FlightGear repository, reply (to the list).

Also, if anyone else has uses or requirements for binary protocols, let
discuss them here, so that we can make generic binary support as broad
and applicable as possible.

I think it would be valuable, exactly for the reason mentioned above.

Erik

--
http://www.ehtw.info (Dutch)    Future of Enschede Airport Twente
http://www.ehofman.com/fgfs     FlightGear Flight Simulator