On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 20:07:22 +1200
dene maxwell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to put a couple of off-shore oil platforms in a location
> that no terrain tile exists by creating a new objects folder and stg
> file (x2). Unfortunately they don't appear.
>
> I'm running 098a... can anyone remember if there was such a problem in
> 098a? and hopefully what the solution was (pleeez don't let it be
> upgrade to 099 or 09.10 ...my hardware won't support it).

Yes, that problem existed back then.  If you search the archives of
this mailing list, you should find the threads discussing it.

I'm pretty sure it got fixed in subsequent versions.  Sorry.  But
I suppose it's possible that the patch was fairly simple, and thus
you might be able to backport it fairly easily, or even just use it
as-is.   I dunno.  You could check the entries in the flightgear-cvslogs
archive around the time that the problem was fixed to see what was
affected by the patch.

-c

                (remove "snip-me." to email)