On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, dene maxwell wrote:

Hi,

I'm running 098a... can anyone remember if there was such a problem in 098a? and hopefully what the solution was (pleeez don't let it be upgrade to 099 or 09.10 ...my hardware won't support it).

Hi!

This is a bit off-topic but if your old hardware happens to have a Nvidia card with too small texture memory then it could pay off to try the texture compression patch for plib that has been posted here earlier. In my case it allowed my old tired GeForce2 / 32MB card to go from mostly unusable (often < 5 fps) to quite usable (15-30 fps) with 0.9.9 and CVS up to a month ago (when I upgraded to a new card). The recent updates to the texture handling is likely to have improved this further. As always YMMW, and, in particular, if the bottleneck in your case isn't the texture memory it might not help much.

Cheers,

Anders
--
WWW: http://www.gidenstam.org