From: Arnt Karlsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Flightgear-devel] ..FGLiveCD boot workaround, was: AI Sim Object Properties
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 03:09:36 +0200

On Sat, 20 May 2006 07:52:48 +1200, dene wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi Arnt
>

> >From: Arnt Karlsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >On Fri, 19 May 2006 12:11:49 +1200, dene wrote in message
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > > still just the question about multiple AI objects... any help
> > > including  *RTFM* would be appreciated (hopefully with links) ...
> > > I apologise for  wasting time, my only excuse is I'm keen :-/
> >
> >..keen enough?  ;o)
> >Does Pigeon's FGLive CD run on your box?
> >Does the CD FG run?  What sort of framerates do you see?
>
> No ... I haven't tried because I gather it's based around 09.10 (or
> atleast  099) both of which won't run on my box.  On 098a with raw
> terrain I can get  40-60 fps...with 3d objects it drops to 20-30fps.

..try it anyway, if it fails on your box, we learn something we can use.

> >..and, just where you guys hide the framerate display on that
> >launcher thing?  (No framerates yet, too busy debugging the boot.)
> >
> eh?

..the boot failed miserably on my box and I have a few ideas on why,
too many Morphix and FG developers on Nvidea's or some such.   ;o)
So I haven't started playing with FG yet.  I did like the glxgears
numbers though,  over 900fps on a 1xAGP slot driven by a 450MHz AMD
K6-2, I usually  see about 600, so I'm gonna move some hardware around.

..FGLiveCD boot workaround for ATI etc card users:
hit [Esc] and use Grub's text based menu.  No, it doesn't cure
the first X config.

> >..what was the benchmark command line again, and, should
> >we change it to automate collection of benchmark data?
> >
> eh?

..we used to have a wee tarball distro for benchmarking FG.
The benchmark command we ran in FGBenchmark-0.0.5:
' fgfs  --aircraft=c172r-3d --airport=KSFO \
--start-date-lat=2002:04:11:11:11:11 \
--prop:/sim/fuel-fraction=0.2 \
--enable-fuel-freeze \
--prop:/environment/params/real-world-weather-fetch=false \
--prop:/sim/rendering/enhanced-lighting=false \
--prop:/sim/rendering/multi-pass-clouds=false \
--prop:/sim/rendering/bump-mapping=false \
--prop:/sim/rendering/use-display-list=false \
--prop:/sim/hud/draw-fps=true --disable-intro-music --disable-sound \
--enable-auto-coordination --prop:/controls/gear/brake-parking=1.0
', parks us in a C172 with a nice framerate display.

..we probably wanna specify and report window size and coloring,
and report hardware.  And somewhere.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three:

Become a fitness fanatic @  http://xtramsn.co.nz/health