> Also note that if your left wing is dropping due to being on the edge of
> a stall and you try to compensate with right aileron,

"Right aileron" as in trying to roll to the right?

> that will cause the left side aileron to deflect down.

Left aileron TED follows from right aileron TEU. The pilot causes the left
aileron TED movement. I'm not sure what you mean.

> This effectively increases the angle of attack a bit

Why? I'm trying to picture the mechanics of that and can't quite. Seems to
me like deflecting the left aileron down would cause the airflow to deflect
down and reduce the angle of attack - all other things remaining constant.
The hinge moment might also tend to reduce the angle of incidence of the
outer length of the wing, thus reducing alpha.

Jon