* Erik Hofman -- Friday 16 June 2006 09:34:
> It think it would be best to use <offset> and <factor> just like most of
> the other configurations (sound/animations).

HUD elements need two values. I'm now just using <property n="1">/
<factor n="1">/<offset n="1"> for those. That's a bit ugly and one could
put it into a group. But then one would also have to put such a tuple
into a group even if there's only one. (?)

Also, I'd like to dump the silly element groups, as in:

  <instruments>
      <hudladder>
          <path>Huds/Instruments/Default/hudladder.xml</path>
      </hudladder>

      <hudcard>
          <path>Huds/Instruments/Default/hudcard.xml</path>
      </hudcard>

I see no reason why the elements should be grouped by type and loaded
in chunks. I'd rather prefer something like:

  <instruments>
      <path>Huds/Instruments/Default/hudladder.xml</path>
      <path>Huds/Instruments/Default/hudcard.xml</path>

      <ladder>
          ... contents ...
      </ladder>

      <card>
      </card>

      <card>
      </card>

that is: all HUD elements simply on one level, but a way to import
further files. I'd call that <include> but everywhere else <path> is
used, so that's probably better. Of course, one could use the include
attribute (<foo include="...">), but this is only allowed once,
and it doesn't add the imported stuff, but replace the old if the
indices are the same, so it's really useless. Ideas? Objections?

m.