Jon S. Berndt wrote:
> I've run into an error message seeming to fault pthreads for a flightgear
> segfault:
>
>   (gdb) run
>   Starting program: /usr/local/bin/fgfs.exe
>
>   Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>   0x610ae938 in pthread_key_create () from /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll
>
> Is there a way to turn off pthreads? What do pthreads buy me under Cygwin?

Compiling FlightGear with the option --without-threads should disable
pthreads. Although I doubt the problem is the use of pthreads it
certainly would make debugging a lot easier.

Adding threads will reduce framerate jitter when new scenery (or METAR
data) gets loaded).

Erik

--
http://www.ehtw.info (Dutch)    Future of Enschede Airport Twente