Mathias Frölich wrote:
> On flightgear-devel was yesterday a short discussion about YASims agl value.
> It would be nice if YASim could behave like the other FDM's do and like one
> would naive expect, in the sense that
>
> ground elevation + agl = altitude
>
> Currently YASim uses the models reference point for the altitude and the
> lowest contact point value of the gears as the agl value.

That was intended as a feature, actually.  The value you want can,
obviously, be gotten by a single subtraction.  But if you want to
implement, for example, a cockpit altitude enunciator or radar
altimeter, you will need the value computed from the gear position.

I have no problems with the proposed patch, although I'd strongly
suggest keeping the current value and setting it into a "gear-agl-m"
property or somesuch.  Someone will no doubt want it.

Andy