Hi,

since I have finished the integration of my suncode in the environment
I'd like to set the implementation in the wild.
So far everything is ready for committing it to cvs. The patches are here:

http://www.akermann.org/fgfs/simgear-sun.tar.gz
http://www.akermann.org/fgfs/flightgear-sun.tar.gz

The changes include modifications in simgear as well as in flightgear
and should be committed to both at the same time.
There's also the sun-texture pack that has to be put into cvs including
these textures:

Textures/Sky/inner_halo.rgba
Textures/Sky/outer_halo.rgba
Textures/Sky/sun.rgba

You can find the texture pack here:
http://www.akermann.org/fgfs/halos.tgz

After it is in cvs I'd be happy for some feedback and suggestions for
improvement.
You can change the sun's appearance by changing altitude and visibility
and it also will react to humidity (which is out of the users control).

TIA,

Mark

P.S.: Who can I send patches for simgear without penetrating the list?