Curtis L. Olson schreef:
> Jon Stockill wrote:
>
>> So forget converting anything from their 3d warehouse - if you want to
>> use a model you'll need to get it direct from the author.
>>

> It sounds like we need to infiltrate google with FlightGear people.  Can
> I get some volunteers to go get jobs there?  I'll need a couple
> developers and at least one VP level manager type.  We can solve this
> problem for ourselves at least from the inside out. :-)  Or perhaps we
> could get a volunteer to purchase 51% of their stock?
>
> Curt.

Are all their models from the 3D warehouse owned by Google? So if I
submit something to the 3D Warehouse I essentially give up my rights?

SketchUp is a great tool for scenery design. I'm working on an accurate
model of Eindhoven Airport and you can actually put the ground chart of
the airport on the 'floor' and model on top of that.
Texturing can be done using Blender or 3DS or whatever, but SketchUp is
great for defining geometry.