Frederic Bouvier wrote:
> Selon Maik Justus :
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>on windows flightgear open a extra console window for the text output.
>>When flightgear ends this window is closed regardless if there is any
>>info the user might want to read (e. g. error messages of the xml
>>parser). On windows you can not write thies messages to a file by "fgfs
>>some_parameters>file" the messages are not written to file, because they
>>are not written to standard output but to the extra window. (the extra
>>window is necessary, because you can do not need to start it from a
>>console window. I googled, if it is possible to detect, if flightgear is
>>started by a console and use than this for the output, but it seems,
>>that this is not possible ?!?
>>Therefore I added
>>#ifdef _MSC_VER
>>        cerr << "Hit a key to continue..." << endl;
>>        cin.get();
>>#endif
>>to function
>>void fgExitCleanup()
>>but now it waits on every exit of flightgear. How can I detect, if a
>>problem occurred? (can I query the exitcode ?)
>

> Hi Maik,
>
> if you start fgfs with fgrun, fgfs output its messages in the fgrun console,
> and
> this console stay opened as long as fgrun runs
>
> -Fred

Why is there always a simpler way (that I'm too blind to see)? ;)

Actually, I did fiddle with that uSoft example and it worked up to a
point.  It looks like as soon as fgfs is loaded completely, the example
redirector/launcher thinks the pipe gets broken and exits. My version
tweaked only so it launches fgfs is here: http://139.78.95.188/redir.c

Reagan Thomas