Thanks for the info. I should have clarified that I was wondering if how
hard it would be to do it on one machine --of course the entire program
is too processor intensive to run twice on one machine. Some simulator
programs run multiple windows on low end machines, so it's doable in
some cases.

It's not just a matter of saving the cost of the second machine (and we
would have a lot of installations), its also a huge convenience and
requires less support and hassle----especially to exhibit flightgear
training devices at expos.

I know a bit about opengl and flightgear but not enough(at this point)
to pop in a multiple window module that provides another camera view
without recomputing any flight data. At least not by myself--I will take
it on as a hobby, if I can get a little competent guidance. At some
point management here might wish to support the effort.  But certainly I
should know before I take it on---if there is any reason why it might
not work well---given the current design or other factors. Adding
another view may--- for all I know ---require an enormous increase in
complexitiy to achieve the required efficiency. But it seems likely that
a bad ass computer and video card setup would solve that the efficiency
issue and that stuff is getting cheaper by the minute.

thanks
steve