Downloaded a fresh CVS copy to try out the updates to the OSG port.  An
earlier first attempt built and segfaulted when loading the c172.  After
getting the fresh tar file I casually blew away the earlier version and
untarred the fresh one.  Now when starting the build sequence with
autogen.sh it complains about a missing configure.ac file..

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/FlightGear$ ./autogen.sh
Host info: Linux i686
 automake: 1.9.5 (19)

Running aclocal
aclocal: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required
Running autoheader
autoheader: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required
ERROR: autoheader didn't create simgear/simgear_config.h.in!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/FlightGear$

I don't recall this happening on the first go-around or if it did what I
did to fix it  or if I just got lucky.  The file is definitely missing.

About the only strange, quirky thing is that when untarring the file,
getting a warning msg regards time stamp set to the epoch on some of the
files. Am I grabbing a wrong copy?  Using the "developers" hyper-link to
get the tarball.  Also I don't have CVS set up on this machine, but
don't believe that is an absolute requirement to get the latest copy.

tar: FlightGear/utils/fgadmin/src: implausibly old time stamp 1969-12-31
16:00:00
.
.
tar: FlightGear/utils/fgadmin/visualc/fgadmin: implausibly old time
stamp 1969-12-31 16:00:00
tar: FlightGear/utils/fgadmin/visualc: implausibly old time stamp
1969-12-31 16:00:00
tar: FlightGear/utils/fgadmin: implausibly old time stamp 1969-12-31
16:00:00

And so forth...

Hmmm,  is the command aborting before all the files have been untarred
which is why the configure.ac file is missing?

Any suggestions??

Regards
John W