What kind of performance change (better?  worse?) did you observer?

Thanks,

Curt.

On 11/27/06, Tim Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Curtis Olson wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Are these osg point lights a replacement for the existing mechanism or
an
> additional mechanism that leaves the existing approaches intact?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curt.
They are a replacement. The good blink sequence support and attractive
appearance of the OSG light points, coupled with performance problems
I've seen in the past with rendering polys in point mode, led me to go
with the OSG light points all the way. For the point sprites I am using
the existing simgear sprite texture.

Tim

-

your

Curtis Olson - University of Minnesota - FlightGear Project
http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/  http://www.humanfirst.umn.edu/
http://www.flightgear.org
Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d