On Wednesday 24 January 2007 14:54, Stewart Andreason wrote:
> I have finally reached a point where I can call it done, with only some
> flight-handling details remaining.
>   So I have a few questions:
>
> Is there a programmer's guide to nasal and xml?
Not really, though there is a homepage for Nasal:
http://www.plausible.org/nasal/

> 2nd:
> Does the ufo flight model have any variables I can set, to Detect the
> ground and stay above it?
I think you should be able to pull it off with Nasal by modifying the
properties under /positions.

> 3rd:
> Does the ufo flight model support vertical take offs and landings?
> (I see reactor jets in the harrier model, but ...)
Possibily, with Nasal, also by modifying properties under /positions.

> 4th:
> material emissions do not cast light on nearby surfaces. Are there other
> light sources available?
Unfortunately, no.

> 5th, an observation:
> It seems there is a ceiling at 262410 ft. above which, there is no black
> space. No, I don't expect to fly to the moon, but it would be cool to see
> the earth from space. ;)
Yeah, that's a bugger.  I can't use FG in a presentation for a
microsatellite. :(

> Screenshots and downloadable files are at:
>    http://www.geocities.com/sandreas41/flightgear_aircraft.html
Looks good.

Ampere